Life Insurance Guide
Life insurance is something that everyone should have. Life insurance is a policy that protects your loved ones financially in the event you have passed away. It is the most selfless insurance product you can purchase because you do not want to burden those who rely on you the most.
Get insurance quotes online extremely simple and fast but more importantly, from someone you trust.
What is Life Insurance?
Life insurance is a contract between you and an insurance company. You pay premiums and in exchange, the insurer agrees to pay a sum of money to your beneficiaries if you die while the policy is in force. The purpose of life insurance is to help provide financial security for your loved ones in the event of your death. Unlike Auto or Home Insurance, Life Insurance does not protect your belongings but protects your family’s financial future after you pass away.
What Does Life Insurance Cover?
Life insurance covers the financial losses that your loved ones would suffer if you were to die. This includes things like:
– funeral costs
– outstanding debts and bills
– loss of income
– childcare costs
– mortgage payments
What does Life Insurance NOT Cover?
Life insurance does not cover things like:
– speculative investments, such as gambling or stock market speculation
– pre-existing medical conditions in fully underwritten life insurance products. There are some products that will cover pre-existing medical conditions but will depend on the insurance carrier
How Much Life Insurance Do I Need?
The amount of life insurance you need depends on your unique circumstances. Some factors to consider include:
– how much debt you have
– how many dependents you have
– your annual income
– your lifestyle and spending habits
– whether you own a home or rent
– whether you have other life insurance policies
What Are the Different Types of Life Insurance?
There are three main types of life insurance: term life insurance and whole life insurance.
Term life insurance is temporary life insurance that covers you for a specific period of time, usually between five and 30 years. If you die during the term of the policy, your beneficiaries will receive a death benefit. If you don’t die during the term, the policy expires and you get nothing.
Whole life insurance is a permanent life insurance policy that covers you for your entire life. Whole life insurance policies have an investment component that builds cash value over time. This cash value can be used to help pay premiums or can be withdrawn for other purposes.
Universal life insurance is a type of permanent life insurance that offers flexibility in how much you pay in premiums and how much death benefit your beneficiaries will receive.
Which type of life insurance is right for you depends on your needs and goals.
If you want life insurance for a specific period, such as when your children are young, term life insurance may be the best option.
If you want life insurance that builds cash value over time and is a permanent life insurance policy, whole life insurance may be the better choice.
Ife you want life insurance that has flexible premium options but still builds cash value then a Universal Life Insurance policy might be best for you.
No matter which type of life insurance you choose, be sure to shop around and compare quotes from different insurers to get the best rate.
How Do I Choose a Life Insurance Company?
There are many factors to consider when choosing a life insurance company. Some things to look at include:
– financial stability: You want to choose a life insurance company that is financially stable and will be able to pay out your death benefit if you die. The best way to determine this is by looking at the company’s ratings from independent rating agencies like A.M. Best and Standard & Poor’s.
– policy options: Make sure the life insurance company you choose offers the type of policy you are looking for.
– customer service: You want a life insurance company that is easy to work with and has good customer service. Read reviews from other customers to get an idea of what their experience has been like.
– pricing: Of course, you also want to make sure you are getting a good deal on your life insurance policy. Compare quotes from different companies to ensure you are getting the best rate.
Choosing a life insurance company is an important decision. Be sure to do your research and compare quotes before making a decision.
How to get life insurance?
You can get a life insurance quote by reviewing your situation with a licensed life insurance agent. Getting an expert opinion is always recommended by Eli Alcorn.
By reviewing your situation with a licensed insurance agent, you can dive deep into what you need and what you do not. Over the years I have assisted many clients looking to purchase a term life insurance policy but after some discussion, realized they needed permanent life insurance like whole life insurance or universal life insurance. You can request a life insurance quote below!
Safe and Fast Quotes Online.
Shop the Best Insurance Prices Online
1,000’s have been helped since 2011
What coverages are available?
There are many coverages that you can add to a life insurance policy. Some include:
– life: the main benefit of a life insurance policy that will pay the death benefit tax free.
– long term care: this pays for qualified in-home or nursing home care should you become disabled and are unable to perform two of the six activities of daily life.
– disability income: replaces a portion of your lost wages should you become disabled and are unable to work.
– critical illness: pays a lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered illness.
– accident: pays a benefit if you die or are injured in an accident.
– hospice care: pays for in-home hospice care should you be diagnosed with a terminal illness.
What riders are available?
Riders are additional benefits that can be added to a life insurance policy for an additional cost. Some common riders include:
– child rider: pays a benefit if the insured dies while the child is still young.
– waiver of premium rider: waives the life insurance premiums if the insured becomes disabled.
– accelerated death benefit rider: allows the insured to access a portion of the death benefit early if they are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
– guaranteed insurability rider: allows the insured to purchase additional life insurance in the future without having to go through underwriting again.
As you can see, there are many options available when it comes to life insurance. Be sure to talk to a licensed agent to review these and others that could benefit your situation.
How much does life insurance cost?
A young person can find life insurance as low as $5 a month for a small policy but can increase greatly depending on the amount of insurance you wish to purchase. Life insurance premiums can vary greatly depending on several factors like:
– the amount of coverage
– the type of policy
– the length of the policy
Do I need a separate life insurance policy if I already receive insurance through work?
This is the long-debated question
How to Cancel Life Insurance?
Before deciding whether you need to cancel your life insurance policy, you need to have a review with your insurance agent to determine whether this is a wise decision or not.
After the discussion, if you have determined it is the best course of action, you would reach out to your insurance agent or insurance company to notify them of your wish to cancel. They will likely have you sign a form stating your intent to cancel and then process the cancellation.
How long does it take to get Life Insurance?
It depends on whether the product is a fully underwritten life insurance policy or an express-issued policy.
-A fully underwritten life insurance policy can take up to several weeks as the insurance company will request your medical records, run a prescription database check, and possibly require a life insurance medical exam.
-An express life insurance policy will not require any of these things and can be issued within days in some cases.
How can you pay for your Life insurance?
You can pay for life insurance by monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual payments. Some life insurance companies will offer a discount if you choose to pay annually.
What is the best age to get Life Insurance?
The best age to get life insurance is when you are young and healthy as this is when premiums are the lowest. However, life insurance can be purchased at any age. Premiums will be higher the older you are and if you have any health conditions.
No one likes to think about their death, but it is important to have life insurance in case something happens to you. A life insurance policy can give your loved one’s peace of mind knowing they will be taken care of financially if something happens to you.
Is Life Insurance mandatory?
Life insurance is not mandatory but is highly recommended, especially if you have dependents. if you are the breadwinner or provide a significant portion of the income of your family, then you should make sure your spouse and children can continue paying the bills by protecting them by placing a life insurance policy on yourself.
How to file a claim on a life insurance policy?
You can file a claim by taking these steps below:
– The first step is to notify the life insurance company that the policyholder has died. This can be done by the beneficiaries or the funeral home.
– The life insurance company will then send a claim form to the beneficiary/beneficiaries.
– The beneficiary/beneficiaries will need to fill out the form and return it to the life insurance company.
– The life insurance company will then review the claim and contact the beneficiary/beneficiaries to let them know if the claim is approved or denied.
If you are a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, it is important to keep in mind that there is generally a two-year contestability period from the date of the policy. This means that if the life insurance company finds any information that would have resulted in a denial of coverage, they can deny the claim.
For example, if the life insurance applicant lied about their smoking habits and it is later discovered that they died of lung cancer, the life insurance company could deny the claim.
It is important to be honest when applying for life insurance.
Safe and Fast Quotes Online.
Shop the Best Insurance Prices Online
1,000’s have been helped since 2011